Why don't more people know about this?

Posted by catsnlacquer on Apr 5 2021, 2:57 am*

Hello, I love this! My absolute favourite thing about it is that I can use it on both my phone app and my laptop. I'm surprised this site/app isn't more well known and used. Have you thought about reaching out to bloggers or YouTubers to advertise it and get the word out? The only downside there is that people might hassle you about making an iPhone app since there's an Android app. My collection is close to 4,000, I sent in a spreadsheet but I'm going to work as hard as I can over the next few weeks to add as many of my polishes as I can. Could I suggest a few additions please? For colours, Blurple, Teal, Colour Shifter (for multichromes you can't tell the base colour of) Multi Colour (for glitters I'm too lazy to select all the colours for) Nude, Beige, Gold, Silver, Bronze. And for finishes could you please add Stamping Polish, Unicorn Pee and Aurora Shimmer (or maybe just Shifting Shimmer). I don't ask for much, do I? :D

Comments (8) | Add a comment

xstitchalanna  Apr 6 2021, 7:01 am

I also just discovered this site and I have a YouTube. (Not a huge following but still...) I’ll make mention of this site when I do nail unboxings! I really love the group database idea that this is. Your color suggestions are a good idea. I’ve been categorizing “gold” as yellow and silver as gray

catsnlacquer

Apr 6 2021, 9:41 am

What's your YouTube channel? I'm always on the lookout for more people to follow!

xstitchalanna  Apr 6 2021, 9:54 am

https://youtube.com/user/xstitchalanna

Your polish collection did FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC!! Do you have a channel or Instagram I can follow back on?

catsnlacquer

Apr 7 2021, 3:25 am

My instagram is @catsnlacquer but I'm not consistent. Sometimes I post a lot, and then I might go a few weeks without posting.

catsnlacquer

Apr 7 2021, 3:25 am

Also thanks :)

xstitchalanna  Apr 7 2021, 7:54 am

😊 I’ll add you. I don’t post every day either

alli  Apr 10 2021, 12:46 pm

Thank you so much for your kind words! Your collection is so impressive!!

For the color and type categories, I'm trying to keep them as simplified as possible. There used to be many more but it got out of hand with how different people categorize the same thing. Now, using a combination of different selectors you can achieve what you're looking for. For example, select both blue+purple for blurple, green+blue for teal, yellow+metallic for gold, shimmer+colors for aurora shimmer, etc. It's not perfect, but it's actually a much better system than it used to be!

LindaJean87  Nov 8 2021, 11:11 pm

Hey! That would definitely help! I am new and need to add mine too. @agirlandherlacquer on FB and Insta!❤