Some minor cosmetic feedback

Posted by jerajdai on Apr 10 2014, 11:04 pm*

I think this is a great start! Attaching some pics of some minor issues I saw and some things I'd like to see added.

Comments (4) | Add a comment

jerajdai

Apr 11 2014, 7:07 am

Update, I guess the star rating/swatch heading getting crushed was only happening on my ipad (chrome). Viewing on my desktop via Firefox, it's displaying correctly. I will say adding images was a total pain b/c for some reason it didn't want to copy the whole reference url after upload (so maybe adding a copy url to clipboard option would have been nice...although I honestly am not sure if that would have worked with with ipad or not, but I'd test it for you.)

What you have here so far is VERY good - I didn't encounter any errors, and this is the kind of site I'd love to see take off. Some additional features to maybe consider adding later:

• changing "Owned" in the Info column to display a green checkmark denoting ownage (you can actually override a checkbox control with custom images for checked/unchecked that way you can add a toggle capability to your grid). And maybe have a second toggleable icon denoting the polish as an "I want" to buy later.

*I'm not loving the swatch column, unless it's a swatch pic of the polish itself. I am not sure how close the swatch is to the polish itself, so I feel like it's misleading (although it might not be). I might love this more if it was a little nail polish icon showing color class.
Meh, just throwing thoughts out there.

*the ability to generate a pdf or excel spreadsheet of the polishes I own (or want for a shopping list). I wouldn't look at that until way down the road maybe.

alli  Apr 11 2014, 8:58 am

Thanks! This is great feedback. I haven't been able to test on any Apple devices, so I really appreciate this.

I've had a bit of trouble trying to figure out how to shrink the tables for smaller devices without showing less info. The owned icon is a great idea. Also having a thumbnail somewhere on the table.

I'll check back with you here once I get some of these changes implemented! Thanks again!

alli  Apr 15 2014, 1:26 pm

I've made a couple more changes based on your suggestions. There are now swatches cropped from actual photos, and uploading via URL is up and working!

I also changed the color categories to little polish bottles, but I'm not quite happy with that yet.

Take a look when you get a chance and lemme know what you think! Thanks!

jerajdai

Apr 26 2014, 1:25 pm

I like the swatches and mini polish bottles! Thanks for adding that!