Feedback about adding polish

Posted by queenoftarts on Apr 25 2014, 3:22 pm*

Hello there,

When I am adding a lot of polishes in a row to the database it is a bit cumbersome. After I have added a polish to the database, I get a great confirmation page (http://www.lacquertracker.com/polish/A_England/Dancing_With_Nureyev) where I can do a lot of useful things. I think it would really help to add a link to that page that lets me add another polish to the database.

Thanks
QoT

Comments (7) | Add a comment

alli  Apr 25 2014, 3:31 pm

Would it help if when you added one, there was a pop-up confirmation box asking whether you want to add another vs go straight to the polish page?

alli  Apr 25 2014, 3:32 pm

Or do you still want to go to that confirmation page first to add stuff, then go back to the add polish page?

queenoftarts

Apr 25 2014, 3:38 pm

That would be an awesome solution, as well! I do software stuff for work, so I am always in the mindset of "what is the LEAST work for an engineer to get what I need" hahaha

ChellezNailz  Apr 23 2021, 9:47 pm

I have just discovered this and really like what I see so far. I'm slowly familiarizing myself with how it works to add polishes and one thing I am currently unable to find is an edit function for polish name. I added a polish and need to correct the name.

Any suggestions?

alli  Apr 24 2021, 9:36 am

Hello! If you mistype a polish name or brand while adding, simply hit the flag button on the polish's page and let me know what needs to be corrected.

ChellezNailz  Apr 25 2021, 12:53 am

A bit over 24 hours later and I am still adding polishes.

Another question, I have a polish brand that I am not finding on the list. Is there a way to add "new" makers that I haven't found yet? The brand is Masura.

I'm REALLY loving this database! I hope that you will be able to add it to the App Store for iPhone sometime soon.

Thank you for the help!

alli  Apr 25 2021, 1:05 am

Yes, even if you don't see the brand in the database yet, when you go to add the polish just type the brand and it will be added.

An app for Apple is on my to-do list but is still a little ways away. In the meantime the site is optimized for mobile if you visit from your phone.

If you have any more questions just let me know. Glad to hear you are enjoying the site so far!